As hotels consist of different areas; from receptions, through restaurants to bedrooms, there are many different types of furniture requirements that need to be considered when specifying a hotel project.
Hotel Reception Furniture
Reception furniture makes a big impact, and will help your guests determine the calibre of the hotel before they reach the reception desk.
Mercure The Grand Hotel, Leicester
Reception Furniture Tips
- Reception furniture must be crisp and clean - choose fabrics that don't stain, and cushions that don't sag. Memory foam is very useful in this respect - as the name suggests, it always reverts to its original size and shape without the need for constant 'plumping'.
- Remember that the backs of the chairs may face the entrance, so make sure that furniture looks great from all directions.
- If chairs have to be regularly moved, consider wood strips on the top of the backs. These strips will be grabbed, so the upholstery is protected.
- If your chair and sofa feet are integral with their frame, they won't twist. Take care with screw-on square legs and feet, as they'll gradually loosen.
- If you have revolving bar stools with backs, opt for return springs so they spring back into a standard position. This will maintain a tidy looking bar - and your staff will thank you for saving them the work
Theo Randall's Restaurant at Intercontinental Park Lane, London
The Hotel Restaurant
Hotel dining rooms are becoming indistinguishable from stand-alone restaurants. Chairs, tables and banquette seating must be robust and practical - but also represent a central part of your interior design decisions.
Hotel Bedroom Furniture
Bedroom desk chairs, easy chairs, stools and even sofas. We recommend relatively compact furniture; space is at a premium in most hotel bedrooms; so our ranges generally focus on furniture with a small footprint.
Some hotels also have an outdoor terrace with bar or pool area to consider. Read our blog on buying outdoor furniture for more advice on sourcing furniture for hotels.
Want more tips for buying hotel furniture?
Our Hospitality Furniture Knowlege book is packed full of advice and is a great place to learn more about specifying furniture for hotel spaces. Learn pros and cons of furniture materials, current style trends and tips and tricks of the trade.